I was raised to believe I was a sheep and sent to church to pray for my sins every time I burped fire. I leaned to run with the other sheeps in my heard and leaned to love them all, we were all sheeps after all or so I belived.
I always knew not to cross the line and be quiet, I was trained for all that but even so deep inside it all fell wrong. I was having to walk the earth when all I deemed of was to fly and dance with the clouds. I was forced to look up to everyone when I felt I should admire them from above.
So many times I was punished when I raised my eyes to watch the beautiful blue sky where all my dreams belonged. My clouds were my soft coushins and they made me bend my knees and kneal on the concrete.
It took me a life time to have the courage to look in the mirror to find out who I truly am. You cannot hide your true nature! It's like a sin that will always haunt you until you surrender and accept it. I was looking in the mirror hoping to find a sheep and found myself facing a dragon. I ran away as fast as I could and carried on with my life pretending to be a sheep and praying that no one else will ever notice the dragon in the room!
Every now and then, in the darkness of the night I used to take a quick peak in the mirror hoping that I will change. I was praying asking for the dragon to vanish somehow and for my life to be like all the others sheeps I knew.
One night while I was peaking I heard the dragon talk to me:
- it's OK, it's just us. You don't have to pretend.
-pretend? I don't pretend! I want you to leave! Can't you see??? You make my life a living hell.
- Do I?? Why is that? He wanted to know
- All that I was ever taught was to be a sheep! And now you're telling me I am a dragon! Who wants to be a dragon? And who knows how to be a dragon? I replayed annoyed
- Oh, that sounds like we have a problem.
-we?? What problem do you have?!
- Well I have no idea how to be a sheep! So I guess we're even, he added
- I can teach you! I added
- but you're not a sheep!
- I am great at pretending! I insisted
- OK, what will I be called then? He wanted to know
- The Sheepy Dragon!
- that sounds like a bad idea! What if I eat the sheep? He wanted to know
- Then we're fucked!!